Welcome to the Better Wives Club! This club is for women who want to improve their marriage, household, crafty side, spirituality, and most importantly YOU! The only requirement to be a member of the club is to become a follower. Making improvements in your home, learning and trying new things, becoming a better you, and leaving comments are things we hope our club inspires, but aren't mandatory. The best part is you don't have to come to any club meetings, they're all right here on the blog!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back To School - College Style

I know school has already started for most everyone, but EVERY blog out there has done a back to school post geared for moms with kids so I thought we should have a post for college students. And since you can't have a back to school post without a first day of school picture, here ya go...!
It's technically the 3rd day of school and the hubster didn't want to cooperate and take a picture with his backpack on so this is as good as it gets.
This semester I'm on campus 3 days a week, 4 hours a day so I have to bring along snacks. Otherwise my lucky classmates would get to hear my tummy rumble all through class! Plus I'm one of those lucky ones that needs something in my system every few hours in order to function.

I've made things a little easier on myself this semester. To help save on time and not find myself running late for school in the morning (since I have to leave at 7:30am, yuck!), I've prepared a few snacks ahead of time that I can just grab and go. As soon as I got home from the grocery store I washed and bagged all of the grapes and carrots that I bought by putting them into little snack bags. Now I just grab one of each as I'm heading out the door and I'm good to go.
Grapes, String Cheese, and Carrots
I also took the time to bag up some different crackers and other snacks, because let's face it, although carrots and grapes are delicious and good for you, they're not always filling or quite what you're looking for. It was super easy to bag up everything all at once and now I don't have to worry about it for a while. It was certainly hard to wake up for school these last 2 days and I know as the semester goes on it will only get harder (when I find myself wanting to go less and less), but since I had these snacks already prepared I made it to school in plenty of time and I didn't have to go without eating due to running out of time to grab a snack. The other nice thing is since there are healthy choices prepared it allows me to grab things that are good for me instead of less healthy options that are prepackaged like a candy bar. Win/win!

To my college friends past and present:
What are some things you do to help get out the door on time?
What snacks do you like to take with you?

3 comments:

Sara said...

Love the snack idea! Unfortunately, the way I got out the door on time was to figure out exactly how much time I needed to do certain things, and then prioritize. My typical morning of college would be: Wake up 10 minutes before I have to leave, Pull on clothes, brush my hair, brush my teeth, and leave. I would often use the 5 minutes I should use for breakfast for extra sleep. heh. Thankfully, my sweet husband is concerned for my well-being and makes sure I eat regular meals. :P

Rachel said...

Well for me, I have to have my diaper bag packed for my twins when I take my oldest to preschool now. I like to have everything in the bag before I go to bed. Snacks and all.

Lacey said...

I was forever running to the gas station for a soda and a snack because I always got out the door to late to grab a snack. I'll have to keep this in mind when I venture back to school to finish my degree!