Welcome to the Better Wives Club! This club is for women who want to improve their marriage, household, crafty side, spirituality, and most importantly YOU! The only requirement to be a member of the club is to become a follower. Making improvements in your home, learning and trying new things, becoming a better you, and leaving comments are things we hope our club inspires, but aren't mandatory. The best part is you don't have to come to any club meetings, they're all right here on the blog!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wow. It's Almost Christmas!!

Well, it seems that we have all been pretty busy with shopping, cooking, baking, planning, partying, etc.  I can't believe Christmas is almost here.  I wanted to jot down some of my favorite Christmas traditions.


1.  Christmas Eve:  Old:  Every Christmas Eve we open a few gifts: a pair of pajamas and an ornament.  We are carrying this tradition on to our kids.  I love it.  New:  Now that our family is growing (8 grand kids in almost 4 years and one on the way) we spend lunch at the Pizza Factory and bowl after at Phat Cats.  Such a fun day out.

2.  Christmas Day:  Old:  When I was little, we used to see at least one movie in the theaters, sometimes more depending on what was out.  I loved that but haven't done it since I got married.  New:  My husbands family tradition has always been a big Christmas dinner.  Ham, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, jello salad and Chocolate Roll for dessert.  I am very much looking forward to that.

3.  Other Traditions:  Seeing Christmas lights(Temple Square, neighborhood lights, etc.), making and frosting sugar cookies, delivering neighbor gifts, lots of Christmas music.

What are your favorite traditions?

2 comments:

Sara said...

One of my favorite traditions from when I was growing up was Christmas Stocking Notes. My family would take some time and write a note about what we liked about each of our family members and put the notes in their stockings before Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve night we would open our stockings and read the notes aloud to each other. It often turned into a big loving cry-fest. :) After that we'd put our stockings out for Santa to fill, etc. But I always loved reading and sharing what we loved about each other.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh. I might just do that. What a great thing to do.