Welcome to the Better Wives Club! This club is for women who want to improve their marriage, household, crafty side, spirituality, and most importantly YOU! The only requirement to be a member of the club is to become a follower. Making improvements in your home, learning and trying new things, becoming a better you, and leaving comments are things we hope our club inspires, but aren't mandatory. The best part is you don't have to come to any club meetings, they're all right here on the blog!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Stir-fry

I don't know why I love stir-fry so much but I do.  I think it's easy to make and I like that you can put any vegetables you want into it.  This is a healthy stir-fry recipe I have but when I did this, I changed it a bit.
The original recipe calls for 1 cup of broccoli florets, 1/2 red bell pepper, 
1/4 of a red onion and 4-5 oz. of cubed chicken breast and 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice.  I didn't measure mine and I didn't have broccoli (total bummer because I love broccoli in stir-fry) or brown rice.  That's what makes mine different.

So here are all of the ingredients I used.  I love chopping food and making my dish colorful.
That looks pretty colorful to me.

 I put the chicken in just a few minutes before everything else to give it a chance to cook a little bit.  I also added a clove of minced garlic.  I don't think garlic can ruin this meal.  It only makes it better.
Cook this on medium heat stirring frequently for 10-12 minutes or until veggies are tender.  Then add 1 Tbs of soy sauce and 1 Tbs of teriyaki sauce to the skillet.  Stir well and remove from heat.  Season with any desired spices, such as onion powder.

Here is my rice.  It would be brown but my husband HATES brown rice.
(Measure the 1/2 cup of rice after it is cooked.)

 Here is the final product.  All the juices from the sauce are so good and I make sure to pour extra on my serving.

Sorry the pictures aren't that great.  If you make this with the ingredients in bold, this is the nutrition value of this meal.  I hope you like it.

409 calories,  36 grams protein,  35 grams carbohydrate,  14 grams fat,  4 grams fiber,  6 grams sugar

1 comment:

Sara said...

This looks so yummy! I'm excited to try it! I love recipes that you only need to follow once and after that you know how to do it. This looks like my kind of recipe!