Welcome to the Better Wives Club! This club is for women who want to improve their marriage, household, crafty side, spirituality, and most importantly YOU! The only requirement to be a member of the club is to become a follower. Making improvements in your home, learning and trying new things, becoming a better you, and leaving comments are things we hope our club inspires, but aren't mandatory. The best part is you don't have to come to any club meetings, they're all right here on the blog!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More time with the husband!

Do you ever feel like you don't get enough time with your husband? I know I do! Between his work schedule and our son, I feel like we never get enough quality time! For us one thing that has made a huge difference is his lunch hour. I know what your thinking... really his lunch break, its only an hour how could it make that big of a difference? We'll my friends, allow me to enlighten you!

Everyday, my husband calls me when he's on his way home for lunch. We talk on the phone clear up until he pulls in the driveway. Then he'll walk in the door and give me a hug and a kiss, and usually say something mushy. Then I'll make him a sandwich on homemade bread (my contribution to being a stay-at-home-mom) and we'll spend that hour together, talking, catching up on shows we missed. etc. The point is we spend it together. Usually the baby is napping and it is a complete hour of just us! It is pure bliss. It breaks up the day so I don't feel like he's gone for 8 hours, and gives me a chance for some adult conversation! This simple hour spent together has made such a difference to us, and has become one of my favorite times of the day! I wouldn't trade it for anything! If it's an option for you then I challenge you to try it! It works for us. Just think of how fun it would be to get an extra hour with your hunny!

No comments: