Welcome to the Better Wives Club! This club is for women who want to improve their marriage, household, crafty side, spirituality, and most importantly YOU! The only requirement to be a member of the club is to become a follower. Making improvements in your home, learning and trying new things, becoming a better you, and leaving comments are things we hope our club inspires, but aren't mandatory. The best part is you don't have to come to any club meetings, they're all right here on the blog!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Halloween Decor

I stole this fun idea from my older sister. (Hers looked a lot better.)



This project cost me all of $11 and I bought every single piece that you see to make the display. All but one item came from the local dollar store.

1 Black Plastic Table Cloth: $1 (Or you could use a black garbage bag if you have one, just hide the draw strings)
1 Spider webbing: $1 (and I only used half of it to do everything on the lighting fixture and what covers the centerpiece.
1 Large Spider: $1
3 Skull cups: $1 each
3 Red Candles: 3 for $1
2 Bags of Flat Marbles: $1 each (The dollar store didn't have them in black or clear so I just bought what they had and spray painted them black. I checked the local craft store and they were $1.50 a bag so if you don't want to go to the hassle of spray painting it'll cost you an extra dollar. Or if you don't have spray paint it'll save you about $2)
1 Bag Plastic Confetti Spiders: $0.99 at Hobby Lobby

The Plastic Confetti Spiders were my favorite part of putting this together. At first I was strategically placing them, but then I started chucking them like Ninja throwing stars and they would stick right in the web. It was kind of fun!

1 comment:

AN Petersen said...

So cute. I'm thinking of putting up my halloween decorations today. i wish i had a cool table like yours to decorate though. That would make it better.