Welcome to the Better Wives Club! This club is for women who want to improve their marriage, household, crafty side, spirituality, and most importantly YOU! The only requirement to be a member of the club is to become a follower. Making improvements in your home, learning and trying new things, becoming a better you, and leaving comments are things we hope our club inspires, but aren't mandatory. The best part is you don't have to come to any club meetings, they're all right here on the blog!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Kids Bake 'Em Cookies

I love this recipe because it only has 7 ingredients and not one of them is an egg which means it's safe to eat uncooked!!! Plus, according to the title, they're easy for kids to make. It's a win-win!

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup honey
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 cup)

Yield about 2 dozen
  • Preheat oven to 300*F.
  • In a small bowl combine flour, soda, and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
  • In a medium bowl, blend butter, sugar, and honey with an electric mixer at a medium speed. Beat until light and soft, then scrape sides of bowl.
  • Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
  • Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet, 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.


After it's all blended together I like to stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon so they don't get mixed up in the beaters.

I set a bunch on wax paper and stuck them in the freezer. Don't mind my crooked lines!


Once they were frozen I put a dozen in each bag so they're easy to bake later.


Tada!
 The recipe doesn't make a ton so I always double it. I like to make extra to keep in the freezer.

Baking Tip: If my butter is too soft when I mix them up I stick the dough in the fridge to let it set back up before baking them. I've learned the softer the butter, the flatter the cookies. This is just from my experience. I don't know if there's any truth behind it. Maybe some of you Bakers out there might know more about it.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Looks yummy! I might have to try them.

AN Petersen said...

Its true, the butter thing. Thats why in recipes you really need to listen to the cold butter or room tempertaure butter part, its important. : )